2006 World Cup winner Andrea Pirlo has announced he will retire from the Italian national team after next year's showpiece in Brazil.
Bafana Bafana striker Dino Ndlovu is waiting to discover if his season is over after damaging the second metatarsal bone in his foot.
The FA have announced that no proof has been found of any England fans singing racist songs during the World Cup qualifier with San Marino.
Other than a few battle scars, midfielder Dean Furman reckons he is right as rain after his injury scare while on Bafana duty last month.
FIFA could take action against Uruguay striker Luis Suarez for punching Gonzalo Jara in the face during the World Cup qualifier with Chile.
Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon was not entirely happy despite beating Malta 2-0 win in their World Cup qualifier.
France coach Didier Deschamps praised Spain and rued the many chances his side had as they lost 1-0 in a 2014 World Cup qualifier.
Netherlands boss Louis van Gaal says their 4-0 whipping of Romania in Tuesday's 2014 World Cup qualifier is their best performance yet.
Gordon Strachan conceded Serbia were physically and technically superior to his Scotland side during Tuesday's World Cup qualifier.
Thabo Matlaba has spoken of his delight following his Man-of-the-Match performance against Central African Republic on Saturday.
England captain Steven Gerrard admits the 1-1 draw against Montenegro on Tuesday came as a blow to their World Cup qualifying hopes.
Portugal went some way to getting their 2014 World Cup qualifying campaign back on track with a 2-0 win over Azerbaijan on Tuesday.
Zimbabwe defender Lincoln Zvasiya knows the task his side face when they take on Egypt in World Cup qualifying action on Tuesday.
Argentina captain Lionel Messi knows how tough it is to play against Bolivia even though they have no chance of qualifying for the World Cup.
- Wales wary of 'genius' Modric
- Scolari: We're getting there
- Mark Gleeson's Soccer6 preview
- Cazorla: Spain still hungry
- Deschamps calls for focus
- Hodgson: Not here for a point
- Gerrard: Play to our level
- Loungoundji eyes revenge
- World Cup qualifying wrap
- Scotland 1-2 Wales
- Sweden 0-0 Rep of Ireland
- San Marino 0-8 England
- Mbalula: Imperative SA win
- Gerrard: Qualifying 'a must'
- San Marino v England
- Scotland v Wales
- De Gea delight at call-up
- Adam up for Welsh challenge
- Klate dismisses venue worry
- Keshi not taking Kenya lightly
- Striker dilemma for Germany
- Tshabalala given green light
- Deschamps sweats on cards
- Benzema: I do other things
- Ramos proud of 100th game