England manager Roy Hodgson has revealed his provisional squad of 26 players for the upcoming European Championships in France.
Ten-man Newcastle condemned Tottenham to third spot in the Premier League after an astonishing 5-1 victory at St James' Park on Saturday afternoon.
Newcastle will be playing for pride when they host Tottenham Hotspur at St James' Park on Sunday afternoon, after their second relegation in seven years was confirmed on Wednesday.
Newcastle legend Alan Shearer believes Rafael Benitez won't manage the club in the Championship after their relegation from the Premier League was confirmed on Wednesday night - by their bitter rivals Sunderland no less.
Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez expressed his disappointment after a goalless draw against rock-bottom Aston Villa dragged his side back into the relegation mire.
Aston Villa, through a composed performance by keeper Mark Bunn, denied Newcastle what would have been a deserved win by holding them to a 0-0 draw at Villa Park on Saturday.
Newcastle travel to Villa Park on Saturday in their penultimate fixture of the season with Aston Villa's fate already sealed.
Newcastle United have announced the departure of Gabriel Obertan and Sylvain Marveaux from the embattled Premier League club by mutual consent.
Newcastle and Tottenham target Michy Batshuayi has refuted claims that he wants to leave Ligue 1 for the English Premier League.
Newcastle United midfielder Moussa Sissoko is convinced that the club can pick up wins and avoid relegation if they put in put in the hard work.
A thumping free-kick from Andros Townsend was enough for Newcastle United to claim a 1-0 win over Crystal Palace at St James' Park on Saturday, lifting them out of the relegation zone.
Newcastle United's players will be looking to get one over their former manager, Alan Pardew, when they welcome Crystal Palace to St James' Park on Saturday.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that his side's failure to maintain their intensity was to blame for their 1-1 draw with Newcastle United on Tuesday.
Newcastle United manager Rafael Benitez is targeting all three points when he takes his relegation-threatened side to former employers Liverpool on Saturday.
- Magpies rally to hold Liverpool
- Liverpool v Newcastle
- Benitez: We are playing with passion
- Anita secures vital point for Magpies
- Newcastle United v Manchester City
- Magpies too strong for lacklustre Swans
- Newcastle v Swansea City
- Benitez: Newcastle need five wins
- Saints add to Magpies' woes
- Southampton v Newcastle United
- Townsend: We need improvement
- Koeman: Difficult for Benitez at Newcastle
- Rafa tells Newcastle: We can do it
- Olsson stuns Newcastle
- Norwich City v Newcastle United
- Wijnaldum: I have no regrets
- Colback: Benitez inspired us
- Marseille woes wearing on Cabella
- Shelvey: Benitez has given us a lift
- Ashley: Newcastle have nothing left
- Benitez: A good point, but not enough
- Mitrovic rescues a point for Newcastle
- Benitez: I think that we can do it
- Townsend excited by Rafa tenure
- Newcastle v Sunderland