Villarreal put themselves in the driver's seat in the Europa League semi-finals after recording a last-gasp 1-0 victory over Liverpool in their first-leg clash at El Madrigal on Thursday night.
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has been handed an initial 30-day ban by UEFA, who have now opened a disciplinary investigation against the France international.
Villarreal attacking midfielder Denis Suarez says Liverpool deserve respect after seeing off the challenge of Borussia Dortmund in the Europa League quarter-finals.
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has told his players to retain their focus as they prepare to face Villarreal in the first leg of their Europa League semi-final on Thursday.
Villarreal will look to continue their remarkable tournament form as they take on new cup favourites Liverpool in the first leg of their Europa League semi-final on Thursday.
Cologne left-back Jonas Hector's agent has confirmed that the player has been permitted to discuss a move away from the German club.
FC Koln goalkeeper Timo Horn will sit down with the Bundesliga club at the end of the campaign for talks over his future amid reported interest from Liverpool.
Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher insists Mamadou Sakho's absence is a huge setback for the team ahead of their Europa League semi-final clash with Villarreal on Thursday.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes success in the Europa League will instill a title winning mentality at Anfield, ahead of their semi-final first leg clash with Villarreal on Thursday.
Goals from Papiss Cisse and Jack Colback earned Newcastle a 2-2 draw against Liverpool at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday.
Liverpool have issued an official statement after being informed by UEFA that defender Mamadou Sakho was being investigated for a potential anti-doping rule violation.
Liverpool will be targeting a fourth straight Premier League victory when they welcome former Reds boss Rafa Benitez and his Newcastle side to Anfield on Saturday.
Liverpool are anxiously waiting on the results of Divock Origi's injury scan, with the Belgian striker lucky to avoid a broken ankle in Wednesday's clash with Everton.
Liverpool cruised to a 4-0 Premier League win against 10-man Everton in a one-sided Merseyside derby at Anfield on Wednesday night.
- Martinez not daunted by trip to Anfield
- Allen: We're ready for Everton
- Liverpool v Everton
- Ward: Training with Sturridge helped
- Klopp ready for Merseyside derby
- Balotelli rules out Liverpool return
- Stewart: Experienced players are a big help to us
- Klopp: I have no problems with Ibe
- Liverpool breeze past Bournemouth
- Bournemouth v Liverpool
- Liverpool waiting on Can injury scan
- Liverpool face Villarreal, Sevilla draw Shakhtar
- Klopp: Our half-time chat worked
- Tuchel rues Europa League exit
- Europa League quarter-final round-up
- Reds advance after seven-goal thriller
- Origi aiming to emulate Sturridge
- Dortmund CEO: Pressure is on Liverpool
- Liverpool v Dortmund
- Leicester trio on PFA shortlist
- Sturridge relishing Hummels match-up
- Kolasinac cools Liverpool talk
- Bayern: Gotze talks can wait
- Stewart wants to keep impressing Klopp
- Klopp: Moreno's strongest performance