Chinese clubs Shanghai SIPG and Jiangsu Suning have reportedly thrown their hats into the ring to sign Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure.
Ivory Coast midfielder Serey Die's season has come to a premature end after he picked up a serious injury during Stuttgart's draw with Darmstadt.
Defending Africa Cup of Nations champions Ivory Coast were denied back-to-back wins against Sudan as they rescued a 1-1 draw at the Al-Merrikh Stadium on Tuesday night.
Ivory Coast moved to the top of their group in 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying after beating Sudan 1-0 at the Felix Houphouet-Boigny Stadium on Friday.
Yaya City will miss the match against Norwich City while Manchester City are also sweating over his fitness ahead of their Champions League match against Dynamo Kiev.
Former Arsenal right-back Emmanuel Eboue has joined Sunderland on a short-term contract until the end of the season.
The Cape Verde Islands are the top-ranked African team in the latest Fifa rankings, replacing the Ivory Coast at number one.
Kolo Toure has poured cold water over the "Yaya Toure to leave Manchester City after Pep Guardiola's arrives" flames.
There will be no brotherly love on display should Kolo Toure come up against Yaya Toure in the Capital One Cup final.
There was some praise from Roy Keane for Yaya Toure following Manchester City's Champions League win, but the former Manchester United captain still feels the Ivorian is "a frustrating player to watch".
Forward Salomon Kalou admits he is evaluating his future as an Ivory Coast player as he needs to think about "resting his body".
DR Congo have won the 2016 African Nations Championship (CHAN) for a second time after beating Mali 3-0 in Sunday's final in Kigali, Rwanda.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has brushed off criticism from Yaya Toure after winning the 2015 African Footballer of the Year award last week.
Yaya Toure isn't the only one who is unhappy with the decision to name Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang African Footballer of the Year with Andre Ayew also left bemused.
- Toure: CAF snub 'shame to Africa'
- Nigeria confirm Ivory Coast, Angola games
- Ayew, Aubameyang and Toure up for CAF gong
- Toure claims 2015 accolade
- Renard understands Ghana pain
- Toure: Africans not hungry enough
- Toure: Not enough Africans listed
- Leopards reject friendly invite
- NFF to probe Keshi application
- Pellegrini: Toure happy at City
- Inter confirm Yaya interest
- Tiote blow for Newcastle
- Toure ends Elephants career
- Barry: I worked for the team
- Yaya: It is unbelievable
- Renard has winning feeling
- DR Congo 1-3 Ivory Coast
- Gradel wary of DRC threat
- Ivory Coast v DR Congo
- Ibenge: I can't risk Mulumbu
- Gervinho: We never doubted
- Die added to Stuttgart ranks
- Ivory Coast 3-1 Algeria
- Doumbia set for Roma move
- Cameroon 0-1 Ivory Coast