Barcelona weren't at their best against Real Betis at Estadio Benito Villamarín on Saturday, but still did enough to earn a 2-0 win.
Gareth Bale's 80th minute header was enough to hand Real Madrid a 1-0 victory against Real Sociedad at Estadio Anoeta on Saturday and lift them top of the Primera Division.
Atletico Madrid head coach Diego Simeone has absolutely no doubt in-form midfielder Saul Niguez will remain at the club despite recent speculation about his future.
Sporting Gijon claimed an important 2-0 win over Eibar on Friday night to boost their chances of survival in La Liga.
Lyon manager Bruno Genesio has urged Alexandre Lacazette to continue his career at the French club amid reported interest from Barcelona.
Gerard Pique has warned his Barcelona team-mates that they will be branded failures if they fail to win the La Liga title this season.
Diego Simeone will have to watch Atletico Madrid's La Liga title bid from the stands after his appeal against a three-match touchline ban was rejected.
Villarreal put themselves in the driver's seat in the Europa League semi-finals after recording a last-gasp 1-0 victory over Liverpool in their first-leg clash at El Madrigal on Thursday night.
Atletico Madrid's rock-solid defence is going to have their work cut out for them when they take on free-scoring Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final on Wednesday.
Diego Simeone has praised Saul Niguez after the midfielder's sensational solo goal gave Atletico Madrid a 1-0 lead in their Champions League semi-final tie.
Gareth Bale feels the referee's decision not to award Real Madrid two penalties was the difference between them and Manchester City on Wednesday night.
Villarreal attacking midfielder Denis Suarez says Liverpool deserve respect after seeing off the challenge of Borussia Dortmund in the Europa League quarter-finals.
Villarreal manager Marcelino García Toral is expecting a memorable evening as his side prepares to host Liverpool for the first leg of their Europa League semi-final.
Villarreal will look to continue their remarkable tournament form as they take on new cup favourites Liverpool in the first leg of their Europa League semi-final on Thursday.
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Sevilla
- Simeone: We now have a good chance
- Simeone handed three-match ban
- Luis compares Foxes to Atletico
- Aubameyang: My dream is to play in Spain
- Zidane rues Real Madrid misses
- City-Real tie still deadlocked
- England return excites Real star Bale
- Morientes: Bale will thrive against City
- Gameiro denies Barca links
- Borre cannot wait to get started at Atleti
- Aspas double heaps pressure on Granada
- Bale: No problems between me and Ronaldo
- Feghouli may have played last Valencia game
- Sunday's La Liga round-up
- Granada hopeful over Nigeria's Success
- Zidane full of praise for match-winner Bale
- Ayestaran targets more of the same
- Pellegrini: I hold no grudge against Madrid
- Barca will not slip up again, warns Luis Enrique
- Deportivo move closer to safety
- Barca thrash Gijon to go top
- Atleti and Real secure vital wins
- Lopez: We don't deserve this shirt
- Ramos: I thought about joining United