Portugal pulled off a shock smash-and-grab win over host nation France in the Euro 2016 final on Sunday night to be crowned European champions.
France spent much of their Euros semi-final against Germany on the back foot, but two goals against the run of play were enough to see them to a 2-0 win.
Portugal produced a disciplined performance against Wales at Parc Olympique Lyonnais on Wednesday night as goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Luis Nani secured a 2-0 win and a place in the Euro 2016 final.
Iceland saw their Euro 2016 fairytale come to an abrupt end as they suffered a heavy 5-2 defeat against host nation France in the quarter-finals on Sunday night.
Germany shrugged off the weight of history to beat their knockout nemesis Italy on penalties in an entertaining quarter final match in Bordeaux.
Wales' fairytale at Euro 2016 continued as they defeated tournament favorites Belgium 3-1 at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Friday night to advance to the semi-finals.
Portugal progressed to the Euro 2016 semi-finals after they beat Poland 5-4 on penalties, with their quarter-final tie finishing 1-1 after extra-time at Stade Velodrome on Thursday night.
Mamelodi Sundowns picked up three vital CAF Champions League points as they edged out Enyimba 2-1 at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Wednesday night.
Iceland pulled off the shock of the tournament so far after beating England 2-1 in the round of 16 at the Allianz Riviera stadium on Monday night.
Against all pre-match predictions, Italy took the game to Spain and were rewarded with a 2-0 win at the Stade de France and a place in the quarter-finals of the Euros.
Belgium produced a breath-taking display on Sunday as they beat Hungary 4-0 at Stadium Municipal to advance to the quarter-finals of Euro 2016.
Germany strolled into the quarter-finals of Euro 2016 with a convincing 3-0 win over Slovakia in their last-16 clash at Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Sunday.
France provided Euro 2016 with a memorable comeback as they beat the Republic of Ireland 2-1 in the last 16 Parc Olympique Lyonnais on Sunday.
- Portugal edge Croatia in dour last 16 match
- Bafana win five-goal thriller
- Dragons scrape into next round
- Switzerland pay the penalty
- Ireland qualify for next round
- Nainggolan cracker edges Sweden
- Hungary top Group F
- Iceland clinch memorable victory
- Bafana cruise into COSAFA Cup final
- Turkey renew qualification hopes
- Late Perisic strike stuns La Roja
- Blaszczykowski winner sees off Ukraine
- Germany win Group C comfortably
- Rampant Wales demolish Russia
- Sadiku gives Albania historic win
- Switzerland hang on against France
- Downs start CAF campaign with Setif win
- Portugal frustrated by Austria in goalless draw
- Hungary edge closer to last-16 berth
- Bafana scrape through against Lesotho
- Spain cruise past Turkey
- Czechs battle back for unlikely draw
- Italy clinch late win against dire Sweden
- Germany held by gritty Poland
- Northern Ireland see off Ukraine