Mamelodi Sundowns picked up three vital CAF Champions League points as they edged out Enyimba 2-1 at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Wednesday night.
Iceland pulled off the shock of the tournament so far after beating England 2-1 in the round of 16 at the Allianz Riviera stadium on Monday night.
Against all pre-match predictions, Italy took the game to Spain and were rewarded with a 2-0 win at the Stade de France and a place in the quarter-finals of the Euros.
Belgium produced a breath-taking display on Sunday as they beat Hungary 4-0 at Stadium Municipal to advance to the quarter-finals of Euro 2016.
Germany strolled into the quarter-finals of Euro 2016 with a convincing 3-0 win over Slovakia in their last-16 clash at Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Sunday.
France provided Euro 2016 with a memorable comeback as they beat the Republic of Ireland 2-1 in the last 16 Parc Olympique Lyonnais on Sunday.
An extra time goal by Ricardo Quaresma booked Portugal their place in the Euro 2016 quarter-finals following a 1-0 win over Croatia at the Stade Felix-Bollaert in Lens on Saturday night.
South Africa claimed a fourth COSAFA Cup title with a 3-2 win over a plucky Botswana in an action-packed final at the Sam Nujoma Stadium in Windhoek on Saturday evening.
Wales battled to an engaging 1-0 win over Northern Ireland in the European Championship round 16 on a warm Saturday evening at the Parc des Princes.
Granit Xhaka was the only player to miss a spot kick as Poland beat Switzerland on penalties after their round of 16 tie on Saturday afternoon ended 0-0.
The Republic of Ireland claimed a famous 1-0 win over Italy in the final match of Group E to claim their spot in the round of 16 as one of the top third place finishers.
Belgium booked their place in the knockout stages of Euro 2016 after claiming a narrow 1-0 victory over Sweden at the Allianz Riviera on Wednesday night.
Hungary and Portugal played out to a thrilling back-and-forth 3-3 draw on Wednesday, which sees the Hungarians finish the first phase of the Euros as Group F winners.
- Iceland clinch memorable victory
- Bafana cruise into COSAFA Cup final
- Turkey renew qualification hopes
- Late Perisic strike stuns La Roja
- Blaszczykowski winner sees off Ukraine
- Germany win Group C comfortably
- Rampant Wales demolish Russia
- Sadiku gives Albania historic win
- Switzerland hang on against France
- Downs start CAF campaign with Setif win
- Portugal frustrated by Austria in goalless draw
- Hungary edge closer to last-16 berth
- Bafana scrape through against Lesotho
- Spain cruise past Turkey
- Czechs battle back for unlikely draw
- Italy clinch late win against dire Sweden
- Germany held by gritty Poland
- Northern Ireland see off Ukraine
- England substitutes break Welsh hearts
- Czech Republic v Croatia
- Swiss and Romania share the spoils
- Highlands Park clinch promotion
- Slovakia hold on for maiden Euro win
- Iceland earn valuable point against Portugal
- Hungary stun rivals Austria