Nathan Paulse's first-half penalty was enough to see off 10-man Bidvest Wits on Sunday as Ajax Cape Town set up a date with Kaizer Chiefs in the MTN 8 final.
A red card for Steven Whittaker set Norwich up for a 3-0 defeat at Southampton on Sunday, where goals from Graziano Pelle and Dusan Tadic sealed a comfortable win.
Kaizer Chiefs booked their spot in the MTN8 final following a 1-0 win over Bloemfontein Celtic at FNB Stadium on Saturday evening.
Tottenham's need for attacking reinforcements was highlighted as they struggled to a 0-0 draw against Everton at White Hart Lane on Saturday.
Crystal Palace pulled off the shock of the weekend after earning a 2-1 win over reigning Premier League champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
Stoke were their own worst enemy against West Bromich Albion as the Potters saw two red cards in their 1-0 loss at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
Manchester City continued their unbeaten start to the Premier League season after securing a 2-0 victory over Watford at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Jamie Vardy won and converted an 87th-minute penalty to earn Leicester a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday.
Liverpool suffered their first defeat of the new season as West Ham shocked the home support with a 3-0 win at Anfield on Saturday.
Aston Villa and Sunderland would have to settle for a point each as Saturday's Premier League clash at Villa Park ended in a thrilling 2-2 draw.
Fabricio Coloccini's own goal gave Arsenal a 1-0 win over 10-man Newcastle in the Premier League at St James' Park on Saturday.
Southampton failed to qualify for the Europa League group stage on Thursday night after a 2-1 aggregate defeat to FC Midtjylland.
Everton were made to work for their money in a cracking 4-3 win over Barnsley after extra time in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday.
Bayer Leverkusen overturned a one-goal deficit to beat Lazio 3-0 on the night and secure a spot in the Champions League group stage with a 3-1 aggregate win at BayArena.
- Rooney treble sinks Brugge
- Wits ease to Maritzburg win
- Rodgers inspires Stars to first win
- Ntanga helps Celtic edge Pirates
- Cosmos hold SuperSport to draw
- Nxumalo hands Ajax deserved win
- Capital One Cup Round 2 wrap
- Ngalo goal kills off Sundowns
- Chiefs held by Polokwane
- Chippa sink hopeless Tuks
- Arsenal and Liverpool share the spoils
- City maintain perfect start
- Hornets left frustrated by Saints
- Celtic, Stars share spoils in Bloem
- Pedro shines on Chelsea debut
- Dominant Chiefs down Stars
- Palace's Sako shoots down Villa
- Black Cats earn point in Swans draw
- Foxes held by battling Spurs
- Wilson hat-trick stuns Hammers
- Norwich and Stoke share the points
- United held by McClaren's Magpies
- SuperSport hold Aces to draw
- Pirates ease past Leopards
- Tuks cruise past flat Polokwane