Jamie Vardy struck late on for England to secure a 2-1 win over Turkey at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday evening in a warm-up match for Euro 2016.
A 0-0 draw away to Namibia at the Sam Nujoma Stadium on Saturday afternoon leaves South Africa with a decent shot at making the African Cup of Nations Under-20 finals.
Alvaro Morata came off the bench to win the Coppa Italia for Juventus, beating Milan 1-0 in extra time at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on Saturday.
Neither Bayern not Dortmund could break the deadlock in the DFB-Pokal final at Olympiastadion Berlin on Saturday, with Bayern winning 4-3 on penalties.
Jesse Lingard struck a superb volley in extra time as Manchester United lifted the FA Cup with a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace at Wembley on Saturday.
Chippa United secured a top-six finish by beating Kaizer Chiefs 2-0 at the FNB Stadium on Saturday.
Nathan Paulse's second-half penalty denied Bidvest Wits the chance of a record-breaking points tally as they lost 1-0 to Ajax at the Cape Town Stadium on Saturday.
A 2-1 win for AmaTuks over Golden Arrows at the Absa Tuks Stadium in Pretoria on Saturday saw the home side avoiding automatic relegation.
Mpumalanga Black Aces managed to wrap up their Premiership campaign on a positive note, with a 1-0 win over Free State Stars at Mbombela Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Mamelodi Sundowns set a new Absa Premiership record on the final day of the campaign after recording a 1-0 victory over Platinum Stars to raise their tally for the season to 71 points.
Bloemfontein Celtic and Polokwane City ended their 2015/16 Premiership seasons with a 1-1 draw at the Dr Molemela Stadium on Saturday.
Three goals in the final 10 minutes at Olen Park saw Maritzburg United escape relegation with a 3-1 win over Jomo Cosmos on Saturday.
SuperSport United twice rallied from behind to record a 2-2 draw with Orlando Pirates on the final day of the Premiership campaign, securing a top-eight finish in the process.
Sevilla secured a record third consecutive Europa League title after beating Liverpool 3-1 at the St. Jakob-Park Stadium on Wednesday evening.
- Medeama Down the Brazilians
- Manchester United end the season with a win
- Owls defeat Seagulls to book Wembley date
- Potters make sloppy Hammers pay
- Saints end season with win over Palace
- Pellegrini reign ends with top four-finish
- Ranieri return to Bridge ends in stalemate
- No winning farewell for Flores
- Arsenal down Villa to finish second
- Everton sign off with Norwich win
- Five-star Magpies smash sorry Spurs
- Baggies and Reds share the spoils
- Swanky Boys see off plucky Baroka
- Juve cruise to victory over 10-man Sampdoria
- Suarez on fire as Barca clinch La Liga title
- Real Madrid win but can't catch Barca
- Reus rescues draw against Koln
- Four-star Bucs through to Nedbank final
- Bayern sign off with comfortable win
- Canaries win but still go down
- Sunderland retain top-flight status
- Benteke snatches late draw for Reds
- Lakay stars to halt Stars' CAF ambitions
- Mkhize takes Maritzburg off bottom
- AmaTuks drop to the basement