Claude Puel was left ruing a missed opportunity after Southampton suffered a Europa League setback against 10-man Inter Milan.
Inter Milan boss Frank de Boer was left disappointed with his side's attitude during their 3-1 Europa League defeat at Sparta Prague on Thursday.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic thinks Manchester United will take confidence from their narrow 1-0 victory over Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League on Thursday.
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho claims he was never "on the moon" after their positive start to the season and realises the latest back-to-back defeats are not the end of the world.
West Ham United are facing an uphill battle to secure their place in the Europa League play-off round after slumping to a 2-1 defeat against NK Domzale in Slovenia on Thursday night.
The draw for the Europa League third-round qualifiers was held in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday, with Italian club Sassuolo the only debutants this season.
Liverpool have been fined by UEFA for the second time this week for a breach of regulations in the Europa League quarter-finals against Borussia Dortmund.
Europa League finalists Liverpool and Sevilla have been charged by UEFA for "crowd disturbances" at St Jakob-Park in Basel on Wednesday.
Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge admits losing 3-1 to Sevilla in the Europa League final on Wednesday night was a bitter pill to swallow.
Sevilla manager Unai Emery was delighted after watching his side record a third consecutive Europa League title with a 3-1 win over Liverpool on Wednesday.
Jurgen Klopp has bemoaned his side's lack of luck after their loss in the Europa League final.
Sevilla secured a record third consecutive Europa League title after beating Liverpool 3-1 at the St. Jakob-Park Stadium on Wednesday evening.
Alberto Moreno has admitted that he has been a supporter of Europa League final opponents Sevilla, but assured fans this won't affect his performance on Wednesday night.
Liverpool are looking to dethrone Europa League specialists Sevilla when they meet in the final at St Jakob-Park in Basel, Switzerland on Wednesday.
- Klopp: Players can become legends
- Milner targeting his first cup final start
- Klopp unconcerned about Sevilla record
- Soria: Sevilla and Liverpool on same level
- Klopp: Final places up for grabs
- UEFA defends choice of Europa League venue
- Klopp: Sturridge is untoppable when fit
- Mariano wants third straight Euro title
- Lovren: Anfield inspired us
- Emery: EL special to Sevilla
- Villarreal boss slams referee
- Liverpool display leaves Klopp speechless
- Sevilla on course to defend Europa League title
- Reds make Europa League final
- Bruno: Villarreal come to 'create danger'
- Marcelino: Anfield atmosphere will lift us
- Origi targets return before season's end
- Villarreal boss' Liverpool jibe
- Sevilla v Shakhtar Donetsk
- Liverpool v Villarreal
- Klopp: Liverpool will bounce back
- Late Adrian goal gives Villarreal the lead
- Late Gamiero penalty hands Sevilla the advantage
- Villarreal's Suarez wary of Liverpool threat
- Marcelino: A chance to make history