There was late drama in CHAN Group C as Ghana and Libya booked their places in the quarter-finals of the competition.
African Nations Championship Group C saw Ethiopia eliminated after losing to Congo 1-0 in Bloemfontein on Friday.
Ghana took a big step towards qualifying through to the CHAN knockouts, but it was Libya who finished top of Group C on Monday.
CHAN 2014 takes place in South Africa this year, with Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana and Libya set to battle it out in Group C.
The 2014 edition of CHAN promises to be an interesting spectacle for those who have their eyes on potential rising stars.
Nigeria have confirmed they will be taking on Ethiopia in a friendly international on Saturday as both sides gear up for CHAN.
Kenya have been announced as winners of Group A of this year's CECAFA Senior Challenge Cup after winning the coin toss on Thursday.
Nigeria booked their place at the World Cup finals at the expensive of Ethiopia with a 2-0 win in Calabar on Saturday afternoon.
CECAFA Cup hosts Kenya will raise the curtain on the 2013 edition with a clash against Ethiopia at the Nyayo National Stadium.
Yaya Toure will be looking to scoop the African Player of the Year for a third successive time following the confirmation of the nominees.
Striker Emmanuel Emenike says it's not impossible that Nigeria 'win in Brazil' next year, but remains wary of the threat posed by Ethiopia.
Nigeria defender Godfrey Oboabona says the officials were right to not award Saladin Said a goal in the first leg of their qualifier.
Emmanuel Emenike has warned Nigeria against taking anything for granted when they host Ethiopia in the play-offs this weekend.
Saladin Said says he is ready to give the performance of a life when Ethiopia face Nigeria in Saturday's World Cup qualifier.
- Calabar camp ready for Eagles
- Kebede warning for Nigeria
- Ethiopia deny bus-attack claim
- EFA to investigate bus attack
- Obinna: No pressure on Eagles
- EFA investigates fan violence
- Africa's five golden tickets
- NFF report Ethiopia to FIFA
- Ethiopia 1-2 Nigeria
- President checks in on Eagles
- Keshi critical of Addis pitch
- Ethiopia won't be overawed
- Amokachi backs Super Eagles
- Keshi wary of Ethiopia threat
- Moses: Pitch not a problem
- Ameobi primed for Ethiopia tie
- Kebede joins up with Ethiopia
- Keshi wary of Abuja pitch
- Ethiopia star set for PSL move
- Ogu ready for Ethiopia test
- Hamilton: First leg win a must
- CAF out to get age cheats
- Ethiopia v South Africa
- Ethiopia 0-2 Nigeria
- Ethiopia v Nigeria