The draw for the group stages of the CAF Champions League has been completed, with Mamelodi Sundowns set to take on Zamalek, Enyimba and ES Setif in Group B.
Mamelodi Sundowns have been dumped out of the CAF Confederation Cup after losing 2-0 to Ghanaian outfit Medeama at the Sekondi-Takoradi Stadium on Wednesday.
Mamelodi Sundowns will be cautious in their approach against Medeama in the CAF Confederation Cup play-off second leg at Sekondi Takoradi on Wednesday where the Brazilians go into the match with a 3-1 lead.
Now that the league race has been wrapped up, with Mamelodi Sundowns to be crowned 2015/16 Absa Premiership champions on 21 May, Teko Modise is driven to see this generation do better than past Sundowns legends.
Mamelodi Sundowns will be hoping to show the form that won them the Premiership title recently when they take on Medeama in a crucial CAF Confederation Cup play-off tie on Wednesday.
Mamelodi Sundowns coach Pitso Mosimane has criticized the heavy domestic fixture schedule, arguing that it was to the detriment of teams competing in continental tournaments.
Pitso Mosimane has urged his Mamelodi Sundowns squad to remain focused for the rest of the season despite wrapping up their record seventh Premiership title.
All indications are that Mamelodi Sundowns will not be taking their CAF Confederation Cup match against Medeama FC lightly.
Mamelodi Sundowns will play Ghanaian club Medeama SC in the play-off round of the CAF Confederation Cup next month.
Zesco United are looking good in the CAF Champions League after beating Stade Malian 3-1, while Zanaco drew 1-1 with Stade Gabesien in the Confederations Cup.
Orlando Pirates head coach Eric Tinkler expressed concern about the performances of fellow Premiership clubs in their respective CAF competitions.
Bidvest Wits have been knocked out of the CAF Confederation Cup after a 4-3 defeat on Sunday resulted in a 7-3 loss on aggregate over two legs against Azam of Tanzania.
Absa Premiership leaders Mamelodi Sundowns continue their quest for African glory on Saturday afternoon, while Kaizer Chiefs and title hopefuls Bidvest Wits also do battle away from home on Sunday.
Bidvest Wits coach Gavin Hunt has urged his players to remain focused on the task at hand after cutting Mamelodi Sundowns' lead at the summit of the Absa Premiership to just four points.
- Motshwari: Anything is possible
- SA trio progress in CAF competitions
- Hunt to keep faith with youngsters
- De Sa critical of Ajax showing
- Ajax knocked out of Confed Cup
- Bidvest Wits thrash Lighstars
- Hunt to rotate squad for CAF clash
- Bidvest Wits v Light Stars FC
- Graham: African teams fight to the death
- CAF preview involving South African teams
- Ajax in trouble over CAF withdrawal
- SAFA to meet Ajax over CAF withdrawal
- Ajax withdraw from CAF competition
- Baometu relishing Bandari clash
- Pitso: PSL support needed for CAF
- Ajax hopeful over Lartey permit
- Hunt planning to rotate squad
- Gor set for Madagascar trip
- Premiership clubs learn CAF fate
- Matlaba: Etoile fortunate to win CAF
- Jemal strike breaks Pirates' hearts
- Tinkler proud of his players
- Sebola blames poor planning
- Tinkler: Bucs ready for final
- Mofedi questions Bucs defence