Chelsea remain five points clear of Manchester City after the Premier League's top two sides drew 1-1 in an entertaining clash at Stamford Bridge.
The Democratic Republic of Congo booked their place in the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals following a 4-2 victory over neighbours Congo in Bata on Saturday.
Two goals from Harry Kane and another from Christian Eriksen gave Tottenham a comfortable 3-0 win at West Brom on Saturday.
Sunderland gained an important result over fellow strugglers Burnley after clinching a 2-0 victory at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.
Alan Pardew's winning run as Crystal Palace manager ended as Romelu Lukaku's early goal gave Everton a vital 1-0 win at Selhurst Park.
Daniel Sturridge scored on his long-awaited injury comeback as Liverpool cruised to victory against West Ham at Anfield.
Manchester United added to Leicester City's relegation woes with a routine 3-1 win against the rock-bottom Foxes at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Jonathan Walters hit his first hat-trick for Stoke as the Potters defeated QPR 3-1 at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
After a crazy opening to the game Real Madrid's class shone through as they ran out 4-1 victors against Real Sociedad at the Bernabeu on Saturday.
Southampton will be targeting a fourth consecutive Premier League victory when Swansea City make the trip to St Mary's on Sunday.
Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking is wholly satisfied with the manner in which his team dismantled Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga on Friday.
Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc says he expected more from his side against Rennes, despite securing a 1-0 win.
Newcastle ran out comfortable 3-0 winners away at Hull to pile more misery on the Tigers at the wrong end of the table.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is keen to kick on as he prepares to return to action after a five-month injury lay-off.
- Guardiola: We deserved to lose
- Doumbia set for Roma move
- Garcia avoids transfer talk
- Palace sign Senegal's Souare
- Mofokeng heading to the NFD
- Lampard: Chelsea door is open
- Southampton's Cork joins Swans
- Malongoane returns to training
- CAF: Members chose to gamble
- LVG: De Gea to Madrid possible
- Celtic ring the changes
- Usuthu snap up Murambadoro
- Becker: We are focused
- Magqwaka to revive his career
- Leekens: Play with no fear
- Le Roy: Give Africans a chance
- Pellegrini: I hope all is fair
- Ibenge: We are confident
- Montella confirms Cuadrado exit
- Vilane heads to Witbank
- West Brom v Tottenham
- Isaacs heading to Ajax
- Losper returns to Ajax
- Ndlovu has Aces up his sleeve
- Magqwaka heading to Pretoria