Atletico Madrid were held to a goalless draw in their La Liga clash with Espanyol at the Estadio Vicente Calderon on Saturday evening.
Juventus returned to winning ways to end Atalanta's 10-match unbeaten run with a with a comfortable 3-1 win at the Juventus Stadium on Saturday.
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen was delighted with how his side returned to winning ways with a 5-0 thrashing of Swansea City on Saturday.
RB Leipzig returned to the top of the Bundesliga standings with a 2-1 win over Schalke at the Red Bull Arena on Saturday evening.
Highlands Park held Orlando Pirates to a 2-2 draw in an entertaining Premiership clash at Orlando Stadium on Saturday evening.
Alexis Sanchez helped himself to three goals as Arsenal trounced West Ham 5-1 at the London Stadium on Saturday.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was calm in the wake of his side's 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.
Chippa United came from a goal down at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Saturday evening to inflict a 3-1 defeat on Kaizer Chiefs.
Sunderland survived a tense finale to see off English Premier League Champions Leicester City 2-1 at the Stadium of Light on Saturday evening.
There was a feast of entertaining, attacking football in Saturday's Bundesliga action as 19 goals were scored in the five matches played where Borussia Dortmund and Hoffenheim were two of the day's biggest winners.
Crystal Palace put an end to their six-game losing streak in the Premier League, when they defeated Southampton 2-0 at Selhurst Park on Saturday.
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte was happy with his team's character in their impressive 3-1 win over Manchester City on Saturday.
Schalke captain Benedikt Howedes says they are well-prepared for the Bundesliga encounter against Red Bull Leipzig and will aim to at least get a point from the tie.
Stoke City moved into the top half of the Premier league table with a solid 2-0 win over Burnley at the Bet365 Stadium on Saturday.
- Baggies see off Hornets at Hawthorns
- Spurs smash struggling Swansea
- El Clasico finishes in a draw
- Dortmund hammer disjointed Gladbach
- City put hapless Stars to sword
- Tau and CBD hammer Ea Lla Koto
- Chelsea extend lead after City win
- Kluivert: I was in talks with Ajax
- Ngcongca out of Club World Cup for Downs
- Khumalo: It's a cruel game
- Souness: I could have signed Schmeichel and Cantona
- Komphela explains Molangoane's qualities
- Johannes: We met our target
- Menez unfazed by goal drought
- Ronnocchia: We must move on
- Molangoane: Chiefs move a dream come true
- Tinkler revels in Wits victory
- Chiefs exonerated by DRC over Gaxa
- Robben close to agreeing new Bayern deal
- Moses: Conte unlike any other manager
- Ancelotti heaps praise on Muller
- Sterling ready to fight for City
- Zvirekwi scoops Player of the Year accolade
- Conte elated with Blues turnaround
- Bloem Celtic v SuperSport Utd