Lionel Messi grabbed two goals on Wednesday to equal Raul's Champions League goalscoring record and also send Barcelona through to the knockout phase against ten-man Ajax.
Liverpool's Raheem Sterling and Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj have been included in a 40-man shortlist for the 2014 Golden Boy award.
Bundesliga duo Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are closely following the progress of FC Twente starlet Bilal Ould-Chikh.
Manchester City were dealt arguably the toughest draw in the Champions League, facing Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow and Roma in Group E.
Daley Blind admits it would be hard to turn down Manchester United or Barcelona amidst rumours he could leave Ajax in the off-season.
UEFA have amended their rules on yellow cards in the Champions League and the Europa League to prevent more players from being banned in the latter stages of the competitions.
Dusan Tadic has become Ronald Koeman's first signing as Southampton manager after putting pen to paper on a four-year deal at the club.
Argentina will continue their bid for a third World Cup title when they play against the Netherlands in the tournament semi-final on Wednesday.
Louis van Gaal said he has been satisfied with what Netherlands have achieved at the World Cup, and suggested they can win the title.
Bafana Bafana midfielder Thulani Serero is becoming an increasingly popular figure at Ajax Amsterdam, where he has just extended his contract until 2017.
Netherlands midfielder Nigel de Jong is not expected to take any further part in the World Cup due to a groin injury.
Netherlands midfielder Wesley Sneijder will not settle for anything less than the World Cup title, after receiving the silver medal at the last tournament.
Reported Manchester United target Daley Blind is focusing his attention on helping the Netherlands claim their maiden World Cup.
The Netherlands will play what is expected to be an awkward World Cup fixture against Australia at the Beira-Rio Stadium on Wednesday.
- Van Persie staying grounded
- Robben calls for focus
- Spain v Netherlands
- Sneijder seeking revenge
- Robben puts past behind him
- Van Gaal: RvP will be ready
- Van Gaal coy on United job
- KNVB look into Blues claims
- Europa League last-eight draw
- EURO 2016 qualifying draw
- Van Gaal craves club football
- Spurs tip off transfer fraud
- Confusion over 2022 WC dates
- FIFA confirm winter WC 2022
- UEFA Europa League draw
- Serero to stay put at Ajax
- Virgil backed for Dutch call-up
- Ajax v Barcelona
- VDV facing four weeks out
- Uruguay complete WC line-up
- VDV avoids serious injury
- Injured Huntelaar still upbeat
- FIFA extend voting deadline
- Robben to skipper Holland
- Heerenveen eye Vonk