Germany coach Joachim Low heaped praise on his side following their comfortable 2-0 World Cup qualifying win over Northern Ireland on Tuesday.
The 32 teams who will do battle in the group stage of the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League have been confirmed following the conclusion of the qualifying rounds.
Ahead of the German Super Cup against Bayern Munich on Sunday, Borussia Dortmund have asked their fans not to boo Mario Gotze and Mats Hummels.
Manchester City have been drawn to play Romanian side Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League play-off round after the draw was held in Switzerland on Friday afternoon.
Bayern Munich head coach Carlo Ancelotti has praised the quality of the players in his squad and is expecting them to have another successful campaign.
Zimbabwe were defeated 6-1 by Germany in their first ever Women's Olympic Football Tournament match in Sao Paulo on Wednesday.
Chelsea defender Baba Rahman will join Schalke after the Ghana international successfully completed his medical at the Bundesliga club on Tuesday.
Manchester City have completed the signing of midfielder Leroy Sane on a five-year-deal from Bundesliga outfit Schalke in a reported £37million deal.
Karl-Heinz Rumminegge is certain Schweinsteiger will remain at United, despite reports that Jose Mourinho is releasing nine players - including the midfielder.
German Football Association president Christian Seifert has urged Bundesliga teams to respect the integrity of the competition by fielding a full-strength team against Bayern Munich in the upcoming campaign.
Mainz 05 are likely to return to the transfer market after losing Danish forward Emil Berggreen to a long-term injury this week.
Bayern Munich manager Carlo Ancelotti says he is unsurprised by the recent slew of big-money transfers in Europe, pointing to the ever-rising money invested into the game by sponsors and broadcasters.
Bastian Schweinsteiger has called it quits on his time with the German national team after a 12-year career on the international stage.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has responded to disparaging comments from Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery, saying he still "loves" the Frenchman.
- Arsenal links with Mustafi intensify
- Bayern block Clement from England assistant job
- Schalke winger targets Olympic medal
- Pep secures first Manchester City win
- International Champions Cup round-up
- Tuchel 'confident' Aubameyang will remain at Dortmund
- Geis targets better season with Schalke
- Mkhitaryan notes Kagawa struggles
- Martinez: Ancelotti wants direct football
- Kostic makes HSV switch
- Dembele: I'm no superstar
- Bayern jet out to USA for International Champions Cup
- Bayern's Alonso picks Zidane ahead of Messi and Ronaldo
- Bayern move clear of Barca as most supported club
- Ribery reinvigorated under Ancelotti
- Aubameyang keen to stay with BVB
- Tuchel: We desperately needed Schurrle
- Ancelotti: Bayern covered in attack
- Watzke: No more new arrivals
- Tuchel: Ginter is not for sale
- Christensen dismisses Barca links
- Real Madrid loan Mayoral to Wolfsburg
- Trapp: Emery knows what he wants
- Alonso: Guardiola's going to need time
- Schurrle moves to Dortmund