At no point in World Cup history has the continent with the most FIFA members produced a team with the capacity to lift the title.
With each successive World Cup the hype and excitement increases, and the potential provided by the internet for artistic projects visualising the tournament in creative ways, plays a big role in this.
Many Liverpool supporters are dreading life without Luis Suarez but Reds fan Saul Nachman is experiencing a sense of relief and optimism.
The decision to award the 2014 World Cup Golden Ball to Lionel Messi has been met with some surprise, and a look at the stats shows just why.
Joachim Low has spoken of his belief that Germany could go on to rule the game for many years to come, and F411 agrees that could be the case.
With the curtain having gone down on the 2014 World Cup, we select our best XI from the showpiece event.
Kaizer Chiefs defender Tefu Mashamaite says he is backing Argentina to win the World Cup, and believes the tournament has been a success.
Football411's Mfundo Feke foresees a FIFA World Cup title for the Netherlands, who will beat Brazil in the final - and here's why...
Bradley Carnell and Rowen Fernandez have told Football411 they are backing Germany to beat Brazil in Tuesday's first semi-final.
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez appears to be on the verge of joining Barcelona for a sizeable fee, but does the move for the volatile striker represent a gamble worth taking?
Football411 profiles some of the lesser known players who have stood out at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Posters are an essential part of any marketing strategy instantprint.co.uk explain that whether you're advertising a club night, a music festival or a World Cup football tournament.
Bafana Bafana goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune says he has learned a lot from his counterparts who have pulled some impressive showings at the World Cup.
Former Bafana Bafana international Shaun Bartlett firmly believes that Argentina are poised to win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
- Zeca: End of Portuguese era
- Can Reds forgive Suarez?
- Enyeama: The Guardian
- WC last-16: Who needs what
- Black Stars raise the bar
- Too much expected of England
- Africa letting itself down
- Feutmba: Eto'o's time is up
- World Cup Round One in review
- KG: Suarez will thrive in Brazil
- High expectations on Ghana and Nigeria
- Teko: Neymar is the star of the show
- By the numbers: Spain v Netherlands
- Can Brazil find the balance?
- Are Brazil tarnishing the title?
- Who to support at Brazil 2014
- Dikgacoi grooming the coaches of the future
- World Cup preview: Ghana
- World Cup preview: Group G
- World Cup preview: Portugal
- World Cup preview: USA
- World Cup preview: Germany
- Exciting times for England
- Masilela: WC through my eyes
- Seven magic World Cup moments